MADRID, Jan 15 (Reuters) - Brazilian striker Ronaldo is surplus to requirements at Real Madrid, club president Ramon Calderon said on Monday.
Coach Fabio Capello has already said David Beckham, who is leaving at the end of the season to join Los Angeles Galaxy, and Italian striker Antonio Cassano do not feature in his plans for the rest of this campaign.
'The situation with Ronaldo is different to that of David Beckham as he still has another year left after this one,' Calderon told radio station Onda Madrid.
'But he is going to be inactive because the coach has made it clear he doesn't count on him, and it would surely be better for the club and him if he went if there are offers. If not, he will stay with us.
'We have to find an exit that's good for him. I know sporting director Predrag Mijatovic has had conversations with some clubs, and that the player also has offers. But we'll have to wait and see whether it will be now or in June.'
Ronaldo has only started three league matches under Capello this season, scoring once, but appears to be another victim of last week's decision to blood youngsters in the side.
He missed Sunday's 1-0 win over Real Zaragoza with an injury.
Press reports have linked the Brazilian with moves to Italy, Saudi Arabia and the United States.