The Football Association were tonight considering Everton's response to their request for further information over an incident involving Newcastle midfielder Emre.
FA chiefs contacted the Toffees amid allegations that racist comments were made during angry exchanges between the Turkish midfielder and Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard and defender Joleon Lescott as the Magpies went down 3-0 at Goodison Park on December 30.
Everton had until close of business today to respond to that request, and have done so.
An FA spokesman said: 'Everton were asked for their observations by the FA. We have received their response and are now giving it due consideration.'
Magpies boss Glenn Roeder said last Friday that as far as he was concerned, the matter was closed and that there was no case to answer.
However, the FA insisted their investigation was ongoing and will deliver their verdict in due course.
The claims came in the wake of a row wich broke out after Newcastle were awarded a first-half penalty. Referee Dermot Gallagher, after consulting an assistant, spoke to Emre but took no further action.
However, in his report to the FA, he confirmed he had been informed of the allegations, prompting the governing body to launch their probe.
Roeder revealed that Emre has been upset by the suggestions and insisted there was no place for racism in football.