FA await Everton response in Emre 'racism' probe
The Football Association is awaiting a response from Everton over an allegation of racism against Newcastle midfielder Emre.
Magpies boss Glenn Roeder today revealed that as far as both his club and the Toffees are concerned the matter is closed.
However, the FA are still treating the case as live and Everton have until Tuesday to reply to their request for further information.
An FA spokesman said: 'We have asked Everton and the players involved for a statement on the incident and we will look at that before deciding whether or not the matter is closed as far as we are concerned.'
Turkish international Emre was involved in angry exchanges with Everton keeper Tim Howard and defender Joleon Lescott after his side was awarded a penalty during the 3-0 Premiership defeat at Goodison Park last weekend.
But Roeder claimed the row had been dealt with and that there was no case to answer.
He said: 'The matter is closed. There is no charge to be answered. Everton are comfortable with that as well.
'It is a closed matter as far as I am concerned. It has really bothered Emre, as you can imagine.
'We have black players in the team and in the squad and we are all together, we are all the same.
'I would not tolerate anyone that showed any sign of any racism.
'I grew up as a small boy in East London with black boys, and all my life I have been surrounded by all sorts of races.
'As far as I am concerned, we are all exactly the same.'