Luton defender Sol Davis has insisted he is ready to reclaim his first-team place - less than two months after suffering a stroke.
Davis was not expected to play again this season after losing all feeling on his left side while on the team coach to Ipswich on October 28, but he has made a remarkable recovery.
The 27-year-old played 67 minutes of a reserve game last week and is in contention for a place in the squad for Saturday's home clash with Coventry.
'I will be knocking on the manager's door in the next day or two,' Davis told the club's website. 'I feel okay, and I want to get on with my job.
'I still have to have a heart scan, but all the other tests have come back negative, so there is no reason to worry about what has happened.
'The specialists have told me to keep going if I feel okay, so I need to try to push myself now.'