Johnson accepts Mourinho apology
Andrew Johnson has accepted an apology from Jose Mourinho following claims by the Chelsea boss that the Everton striker is a serial diver.
Mourinho issued his apology on Wednesday after Everton threatened legal action and a complaint to the Football Association over Mourinho's post-match tirade.
In a statement on Everton's official website Johnson echoed Mourinho's sentiment that he has the 'utmost respect' for the Chelsea manager, and said as far as he is concerned it is the end of the matter.
Johnson said: 'I am pleased that Mr Mourinho has apologised for the comments he made.
'I have the utmost respect for both Chelsea Football Club and Mr Mourinho as a manager.
'Everton football club and myself can now concentrate on the games ahead.
'I would like to thank Everton football club, my manager David Moyes, my team-mates and my agent for all their support.
'This is now the end of the matter.'
Everton chief executive Keith Wyness had already diffused the situation by accepting Mourinho's statement, saying: 'Common sense has prevailed.
'The relationship between ourselves and Chelsea has always been admirable and that, I feel certain, will continue.'