Sources: Man United ready to quit Dybala talks
Manchester United are ready to end talks over Paulo Dybala's proposed move to Old Trafford, sources have told ESPN FC.
Dybala has been discussed as part of a deal that would have taken Romelu Lukaku to Juventus, but there are concerns about the Argentinian's desire to join United.
He had stalled on making a decision about whether or not to quit the Italian champions for the Premier League because of a reluctance to swap Champions League football for at least one season in the Europa League. United, according to sources, do not want to meet Dybala's wage demands while complications over the 25-year-old's image rights have made him difficult to value.
Juventus, according to sources, have not given up hope of signing Lukaku but their chances have taken a serious hit with United ready to pull the plug on their pursuit of Dybala.
Croatia striker Mario Mandzukic has also been discussed as part of the agreement and there remains a chance he could still end up at Old Trafford. Negotiations are ongoing with Inter Milan, who are also keen to land Lukaku, but there are doubts about whether they can meet the £80 million asking price. Inter have already seen a £54m bid rejected.
Lukaku is desperate to leave the club, and while manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said earlier this summer the Belgian would be replaced, sources have told ESPN FC that stance has softened.
United have until Thursday to bring in more players after splashing £65m on winger Daniel James and full-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka. They are also set to announce the arrival of defender Harry Maguire after agreeing an £80m deal with Leicester on Friday.