MADRID, Nov 10 (Reuters) - Real Madrid have lifted their training ban on Antonio Cassano for his criticisms of manager Fabio Capello after the Italian striker met with players and coaching staff on Friday.
Real said the 24-year-old had cleared the air in a meeting on Friday and would resume training with the team on Saturday to prepare for this weekend's league game at Osasuna.
The announcement follows the news that Real's Brazilian striker Ronaldo sustained a strained knee ligament during Wednesday's 5-1 victory over third division Ecija in the King's Cup.
Cassano was fined and banned from training with the Real squad at the end of last month after criticising Capello for his failure to play him in the first team.
Real's sporting director said earlier this week that the ban would not be lifted until Cassano apologised for his behaviour.
Cassano, who has a reputation as a fiery character and had run-ins with Capello when they were both at AS Roma, has featured in four of the club's nine league games this season.
Real are in fourth place in the Primera Liga, four points behind leaders Sevilla.