German U21 appeals against ban for racism
BERLIN, Nov 10 (Reuters) - The German football association (DFB) is considering a challenge against the two-match ban UEFA gave Aaron Hunt on Thursday for 'gross unsporting conduct' in last month's under-21 play-off match against England.
Hunt, a Werder Bremen striker, has denied accusations he made racist comments against England defenders Micah Richards and Anton Ferdinand.
'We are exploring whether we will challenge the ruling,' DFB spokesman Harald Stenger told German sports news agency SID on Friday. The deadline expires at midnight on Monday.
Hunt said after the England match there had been 'some fierce verbal exchanges' but no racist terms.