Carlos Tevez's agent Adrian Roucco has rejected claims the West Ham striker has received an offer from European champions Barcelona.
Reports have suggested the Spanish giants had contacted the Hammers to ask about taking the Argentina international as cover for injured striker Eidur Gudjohnsen.
Gudjohnsen picked-up an ankle injury during Tuesday's 2-2 draw with Chelsea in the Champions League and - with fellow forward Samuel Eto'o a long-term casualty - it was claimed Barcelona asked for information about former Boca Juniors and Corinthians forward Tevez.
However, Roucco denied there was any approach.
'These kind of things are always managed through formal offers,' he told www.ole.com.ar. 'If there is anything, the player and I have to be informed. If I have not been told anything. It means that there's nothing official.
'All the rest is speculation, as has been going on for several months.'
Tevez joined West Ham in a controversial transfer at the end of August from Brazilian club Corinthians along with compatriot Javier Mascherano, but has so far struggled to impress in English football.
Up to now, there has been no official offer,' said Roucco. 'It is all speculation. If it wasn't, this information would be more important. Tevez stays at West Ham.'