Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce has confirmed the Blues have accepted an offer from Norwich for their England youth international Lee Croft.
Although City are refusing to confirm the fee, it is believed to be around £800,000. Croft travelled to Norwich earlier today for discussions with the Canaries before deciding whether to leave Eastlands.
'There are one or two clubs who have been interested in Lee but Norwich are the ones who have come up with a fee we find acceptable,' said Pearce.
'Lee has spoken to Norwich and now we are just waiting to hear whether he is going to leave or not.'
Croft was on the fringes of the first team last year but his chances of senior action appear limited given the Blues' extensive recruitment programme this summer.
Coventry have also been linked with the 20-year-old but Norwich appear to be in pole position to complete the move just 10 days before they open their Championship against Leeds.
'Lee has been down here today to have a look at us and had a medical - but until we get pen on paper, I will remain cautious,' said the Norwich boss.
'He has got pace, can fill in and has a lot of attributes which he can add to us. Hopefully we can get him.'
Worthington added: 'We have done the best we can, so we will see what happens. Whether it is tomorrow or Friday, I will certainly be chasing the situation and going from there.'
Meanwhile, Pearce hailed Joey Barton's hat-trick performance in the 3-0 friendly win at Port Vale.
Barton put months of wrangling behind him by signing a new four-year contract with the Blues yesterday and then made the perfect start this evening, netting three times in the opening half at Vale Park.
'To score a hat-trick at any level at any time is a great achievement,' said Pearce.
'You have to give Joey a lot of credit, he has bags of energy and got into the box on regular occasions.
'As I have said many times before, I see Joey as a major asset for this club. That is why we offered him a new contract when he still had 18 months of his existing one to run.'