Petkovic calls up son to replace injured striker
BELGRADE, May 30 (Reuters) - Serbia and Montenegro coach Ilija Petkovic has called up his son Dusan Petkovic, a defender, to replace injured striker Mirko Vucinic at the World Cup finals.
'Ilija Petkovic has made a definitive decision to call up his son Dusan to join the World Cup squad currently training in Austria,' the Serbia and Montenegro Football Association said on Monday.
The 32-year old OFK Belgrade central defender, who has made 12 appearances for his country scoring one goal, played for Spartak Moscow and Bundesliga side VFB Wolfsburg before moving back to the Serbia and Montenegro first division in April.
Vucinic was ruled out last week after injuring his knee.
Petkovic told reporters on Saturday still had five fit strikers.
Serbia and Montenegro open their World Cup campaign against the Netherlands, followed by Argentina and Ivory Coast.