WEGGIS, Switzerland, May 24 (Reuters) - Brazil fullback Roberto Carlos said on Wednesday he had been offered a three-year contract by English champions Chelsea.
The 33-year-old has one year to run on his contract with Real Madrid and said he would make up his mind after the World Cup, which starts on June 9.
"The problem is not financial," he told reporters before a training session with the world champions. "The problem is the length of the contract and my motivation to play football.
"Chelsea have made a good offer and are offering three years of contract instead of one year more with Real Madrid."
"I hope to get a reply from Real Madrid to re-negotiate my contract, if not I'm going to look for somewhere else."
"I want to have a good World Cup and, three or four weeks later, I hope to have decided whether I stay at Real Madrid or go to Chelsea."