Previous
Marseille
Lille
1:00 PM GMT
Game Details
Newcastle United
Sunderland
1:30 PM GMT
Game Details
Liverpool
Arsenal
4:00 PM GMT
Game Details
SC Freiburg
Hannover 96
4:30 PM GMT
Game Details
Internazionale
Lazio
7:45 PM GMT
Game Details
Athletic Bilbao
Atletico Madrid
8:00 PM GMT
Game Details
Next

Martinez's woe at wretched Everton

Everton
Read
By ESPN Staff

Palace accept £8.5million Wigan bid for Johnson

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan today warned Everton and Bolton to raise their bids for Andrew Johnson - or watch him join Wigan.

Jordan has accepted an £8.5million bid for the England international striker from the Latics, and Johnson is reportedly due to hold talks with their owner Dave Whelan and manager Paul Jewell on Friday.

Bolton have offered £8million for Johnson, with Everton willing to bid only £7.25million.

Jordan believes that Portsmouth are also interested in the player, but stressed that Wigan are the only club to have matched Palace's valuation.

'Wigan are in the box seat,' Jordan told PA Sport. 'Everton and Bolton are very keen to have the player's services, but they need to get a move on.

'Wigan have offered £8.5million, which is money I consider reasonable and which is on the terms I want.

'It is predominantly those three clubs who are interested in Andrew, although I believe there is also interest from Portsmouth.'

Asked whether he expected Bolton and Everton to raise their bids, Jordan added: 'Nothing is ever simple in football, and I will not hold my breath.'

Johnson left training with the England World Cup squad - the 25-year-old is on standby for the tournament - on Monday to discuss his future with Jordan.

The former Birmingham player signed a new five-year deal with Palace last summer, but the Eagles' failure to make an instant return to the Premiership appears to have convinced him it is time to move on.

Jordan returns to his home in Spain tomorrow - but he is also seeking a new manager after Iain Dowie left the club earlier in the week.

Palace have been linked with an approach to former Newcastle manager Graeme Souness, and the pair will reportedly hold talks next week.

Jordan said: 'The new manager's clear brief will be to get this team promoted in as short a space of time as possible.

'There are big expectations on the job, not just from me but from the football people who believe Palace should have been promoted last season or could win promotion next season.'