Fulham midfielder Papa Bouba Diop has signed a contract extension to keep him at the club until 2009.
The Senegal international had been linked with a move away from Craven Cottage last summer and despite an injury-plagued season, has extended his stay with the club.
The 28-year-old told the club's website, fulfhamfc.com: 'I am very happy to have signed a new deal with Fulham as I enjoy playing my football at this club.
'I have been out for a while because of the African Cup of Nations and injury and I am looking forward to joining the squad on Saturday at Sunderland, as obviously it has been very difficult for me not to play with the team.
Diop joined the Cottagers from Lens nearly two years ago and made an instant impact.
The midfielder, who will be in the squad to face Sunderland tomorrow continued: 'I am determined to help finish the season on a high note by playing my part in the remaining games, and am looking forward to my future being with Fulham.'
Fulham boss Chris Coleman said: 'I have always maintained that Bouba is an important player for this club and I am delighted that he has committed his future to us until 2009 as he is very much part of my plans.
'We have five games left and it's important we conclude the season positively with some good performances, and now he is back from injury, I'm glad Bouba will be part of the squad to help us do just that.'