Baros denies Villa wantaway claims
Milan Baros has played down reports he is looking to quit Aston Villa at the end of the season as he prepares to return to action in Sunday's derby clash with West Brom at Villa Park.
Villa have confirmed that Baros has a get-out clause in his four-year contract although any interested parties would have to more than double the £6-million fee paid to Liverpool last summer.
The Czech international could become hot property if he repeats the form shown during Euro 2004 in the forthcoming World Cup finals in Germany.
But Baros insists his only thoughts at present are on helping Villa banish any lingering fears of being sucked into a relegation fight.
Baros said: 'It is not true that I am unhappy at Aston Villa. I don't regret that I joined Villa last year.
'I am an Aston Villa player and it is useless to speculate about what happens in July in middle April.
'I try to concentrate fully on Aston Villa's last six fixtures and then on the World Cup.
'I don't concentrate on anything more at present. It would not be fair on my team-mates and the club and we want to finish this season well.'
Baros has recovered from the ankle problem which has kept him out of Villa's three matches.
Villa manager David O'Leary said: 'We don't Milan to go but if the get-out clause was invoked it would mean the club making a substantial profit on the fee we paid to Liverpool.
'Milan has had a good goal return this season in terms of a goals and games ratio despite having a niggling injury early on and settling into a new club. I think he will do even better next season.'