Mexico's Marco Fabian: Fenerbahce move broke down over money
Marco Fabian has said he wants to stay at Eintracht Frankfurt and claimed his move to Fenerbahce broke down over money rather than a medical issue.
The Mexico international, 29, was pictured with a Fenerbahce scarf at the end of August and a switch to Frankfurt appeared a formality.
"It had all been agreed on the previous week, but five minutes before my signature they wanted to make changes I did not agree with at all," Fabian said. "It was about money and bonuses, not only concerning my person but also Eintracht. It was anything but OK. My back is 100 percent healthy."
Fabian underwent back surgery in August 2017, but he returned to action earlier this year and also represented Mexico at the World Cup. He was demoted from the Frankfurt first team squad by head coach Adi Hutter as the club wanted to cash-in on the Mexican, whose contract expires in 2019.
But Fabian has since been reinstated and is ready to fight for his place after rejecting the possibility of a return to Mexico before their transfer window closes.
"I know there have been many speculations about a possible return to Chivas, to other Mexican clubs or to clubs from other countries," he added.
"I give my thanks for the many offers, but a decision has been made: I want to stay at Frankfurt. I always felt the trust of the coach and that's why I know there is a chance. It's anything but easy because we have a big squad with a lot of quality. But I think that I will get my chance, and I'll give it my all to use it. I am fired up to give joy to the Eintracht Frankfurt supporters."
Meanwhile, Frankfurt announced on Tuesday they will take part in the Florida Cup this winter. Other teams to feature are Ajax, Flamengo and Sao Paulo.
Information from ESPN FC's Germany correspondent Stephan Uersfeld was used in this report.