Everton land Barcelona's Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes and Brazil international Bernard
Everton struck deals to sign both Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes from Barcelona on Thursday, as well as completing a move for Brazil international Bernard before the transfer deadline.
Multiple reports said the Toffees also had reached a deal with Chelsea for the loan of defender Kurt Zouma, though that has yet to be confirmed with the deadline passed.
Colombian centre-back Mina, who had been a major target for Manchester United, will join in a deal worth €30.25 million with another €1.5 in potential add-ons, Barcelona said. The 23-year-old signed a five-year contract.
"It is important that the Club want to fight for something," Mina told Everton's website. "This is why I am here."
He later thanked Barcelona via his Instagram account, saying the club would "leave a mark forever" on him.
Portugal midfielder Gomes joins on an initial one-year loan deal after the teams agreed a €2.25m fee.
"Everton always was a big option for me, especially after speaking with the coach, Marco Silva," Gomes said. "Every discussion we've had was very important in making me feel his confidence about my game."
The duo become the second and third players to swap Camp Nou for Goodison Park this summer, following Lucas Digne to Merseyside.
Mina and Gomes both passed medicals in Barcelona on Thursday after Everton officials flew to the Catalan city to finalise the deals.
Gomes has a hamstring injury he picked up while in the United States with Barca, but the 25-year-old is expected back in action in a few weeks and was still able to complete his medical.
The Portugal international joined Barcelona from Valencia for an initial €35m two years ago but has struggled to make an impact at the club.
Speaking earlier this year, he admitted that criticism from supporters had knocked his confidence and left him unable to leave his house on more than one occasion. Both the club and the player agreed earlier this summer that a fresh start was needed.
Barca had hoped to sell him permanently but initial interest from Arsenal and Valencia failed to materialise into a serious offer.
Mina, 23, only joined Barca six months ago from Palmeiras, but coach Ernesto Valverde has not been convinced by him and the club have decided to take advantage of his increased value following an impressive World Cup.
Three goals in three games for Colombia piqued Everton, Man United and Lyon's interest and has ultimately allowed Barca to nearly treble the €11.8m investment they made in January.
Valverde had made it clear that Mina's World Cup had not forced him to change his opinion on the player and with six centre-backs as well as six non-EU players at the club, Barca were always likely to sell.
Bernard, 25, has spent the last five seasons with Shakhtar but with his contract expired he will now move to Everton on a four-year deal.
The attacker, who can play either on the wing or in an advanced midfield position, has earned 14 caps for Brazil, but none since starting in their shocking 7-1 defeat to Germany in the 2014 World Cup semifinals.
"I chose Everton because of all the things I had heard about Marco Silva and after speaking to him I was happy with what he said to me," Bernard told the club's website.
The deals round off a satisfactory summer for Everton and their new coach, Marco Silva. Richarlison joined from Watford in a move which could be worth more than €50m, and Digne joined from Barca for €21m.