Mido eyes Champions League finish
Egypt striker Mido insists Tottenham have every chance of qualifying for the Champions League this season.
Spurs cemented their fourth place in the Barclays Premiership with a 3-1 win over Portsmouth on Monday night, with Mido scoring from the penalty spot in the 83rd minute.
Mido's loan spell from Italian side Roma is due to expire at the end of the season and the player has made no secret of his desire to remain in London.
Inspired by the arrival of Edgar Davids this summer, Mido believes Spurs can ensure action in Europe's top club competition for the next campaign.
'I think it's possible to finish in the top four, with qualification for the Champions League,' he told Dutch weekly magazine Sportweek.
'We are not playing with wingers like at Ajax, however we are playing offensive football. The signing of Davids was a good move from the coach.
'It was precisely the experienced player we needed in this mostly young squad. We needed a guy like that.'
Mido is contracted to Roma until 2009 but would relish the chance to make a permanent base in England and insists the Premiership suits his game.
'I am very happy over here at Tottenham,' said Mido. 'The English league suits me well. Quick, attacking and physically strong - it isn't boring at all.
'If a big team is playing against a smaller club, you could never forecast who will win.'
Meanwhile, Spurs are finding it difficult to keep their fringe midfielders happy because of the lack of first-team opportunities at the club.
The form of Davids, Teemu Tainio and Jermaine Jenas - as well as the emergence of talented England Under-21 international Aaron Lennon - has reduced the chances for the remaining senior members of Martin Jol's midfield army.
Pedro Mendes had been linked with a move to Scottish Premier League giants Celtic prior to their signing of former Manchester United captain Roy Keane and it now looks increasingly likely the Spurs player will head home to Portugal.
Sporting Lisbon and former club Porto are understood to be monitoring his situation at White Hart Lane. While coach Jol insists there will be no movement out of the club during the transfer window, it will be difficult for Spurs to resist an acceptable offer for the player.
Former Fulham midfielder Sean Davis is also ready to leave in search of regular first-team football after failing to figure in Jol's plans since recovering from injury.
The 26-year-old midfielder is already attracting attention from Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp, who tried to land the player last summer when he was in charge of Southampton.
But Fulham, Middlesbrough and Everton are also keen and Davis admitted a switch away from Spurs may be his only option left to him in his search for regular first-team action.
'I want to play for Tottenham's first team, but if that's not the case, then I'm going to have to consider going on loan or a permanent move,' he said. 'There is an embarrassment of quality players in the reserves.
'I don't know how much longer you can wait for your chance. When you're not playing, it's hard to take. When you're not even making an 18 or 20-man squad, it can be depressing.'
One player definitely not moving out during the transfer window is striker Grzegorz Rasiak. Ipswich were hoping to land the player on a loan deal following a long-term injury to Sam Parkin but Town manager Joe Royle has accepted defeat.
Spurs want to retain Rasiak due to Mido's involvement in the African Nations Cup.
'I did ask about Rasiak but I can understand Tottenham's position right now,' said Royle. 'They've got a great season going there and will be losing Mido when he goes off to play in the African Nations Cup.'