Antoine Griezmann to decide future after Atletico talks amid Barcelona speculation
Antoine Griezmann has said he is waiting on the result of talks with Atletico Madrid before deciding his future amid speculation of an offer from Barcelona.
Griezmann was linked with Manchester United last year before signing a new Atletico deal reportedly containing a €100 million release clause that Barca are prepared to trigger in the summer.
The France international said last month that he wants his future resolved before the World Cup begins, with Atletico coach Diego Simeone suggesting that winning this season's Europa League could convince him to stay.
Speaking to reporters after the 1-1 semifinal first-leg draw at Arsenal, in which he equalised, the 27-year-old was asked whether he would still be at Atletico next year.
"I don't know," he said. "We are talking to the club, and we will see what happens."
When the interview was played on "El Transistor" radio show, a studio reporter claimed Atletico would offer Griezmann another improved contract at €20m a season after tax.
Sport, meanwhile, reported that Griezmann's camp were asking Barca for a €40m signing-on payment, using other offers as leverage.
Griezmann was asked whether he was enjoying life at Atletico and said his performances showed he was happy.
"I like it here, you can see that on the field -- I work hard, battle, score goals," he said. "I am happy, and that is what is most important to me."
On Wednesday evening, Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu spoke to "El Larguero" radio show and praised Griezmann as a "great player."
"We respect teams with their players and ask the same from them," Bartomeu said. "We have a very good relationship with Atletico.
"I am delighted with the forwards we have. We saw against Sevilla [in the Copa del Rey final] the attack with [Philippe] Coutinho, Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi."
Dermot Corrigan is a Madrid-based football writer who covers La Liga and the Spain national team for ESPN FC. Follow him on Twitter @dermotmcorrigan