Barcelona not interested in Leicester's Riyad Mahrez - sources
Barcelona have no interest in signing Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez despite reports he had arrived in the Catalan city on Thursday, club sources have told ESPN FC.
Mahrez handed in a transfer request earlier this summer and the Algerian Football Federation announced on Wednesday that it had given him permission to travel back to Europe to "formalise his transfer to his new club."
French TV station SFR Sport subsequently reported that the 26-year-old had arrived in Barcelona on Thursday, although it did not clarify whether his stop in the city was related to a move to Camp Nou.
Barca, Arsenal and Chelsea are among the clubs who have been linked with a move for Mahrez, who was named the PFA Player of the Year in 2016 after helping Leicester win the Premier League title.
Sporting director Robert Fernandez confirmed earlier this week that Barca are still hopeful of making two more signings before the transfer window closes in Spain on Friday.
However, club sources say Mahrez is not one of the players they are looking to bring in, with Mundo Deportivo reporting that Philippe Coutinho is still the club's top priority.
Liverpool have so far rejected three bids for the Brazil international, but Barca are expected to return with a fourth offer, reported to be worth around €160 million including variables, before the end of the week.
Paris Saint-Germain winger Angel Di Maria is also said to be a target, with reports claiming the Argentine has asked coach Unai Emery to facilitate a move to Barcelona.
Asked about a move for Di Maria earlier this week, Robert declined to rule anything out, despite having previously confirmed the club would not be following up their interest in Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri.
Samuel Marsden covers Barcelona for ESPN FC. Follow him on Twitter @SamuelMarsden.