Aron Johannsson: I won't get a chance at Werder Bremen
U.S. international Aron Johannsson has said "won't get another chance" at Werder Bremen but would welcome the chance to remain in Germany.
Johannsson, 26, joined Bremen from AZ Alkmaar in 2015 but the forward has not been able to make an impact in the Bundesliga, making just 15 appearances in that time, in part due to injury.
Bremen sporting director Frank Baumann said earlier this month that the club is open to a sale, and Johannsson told local blog deichstube.de on Tuesday that his failure to receive any game time during the 3-0 DFB Pokal win at third-tier Wurzburg at the weekend "was a clear signal that I won't get another chance here."
He added: "As things stand I am no longer wanted here. It disappoints me and makes me sad."
Johannsson, who switched agents last week and now is represented by Dutch company SEG Football, hopes he can remain in the Bundesliga.
"I'd like to stay in Germany," he said. "I don't know what will happen. I only know that I need to play and I am no longer able to do that in Bremen."
Stephan Uersfeld is the Germany correspondent for ESPN FC. Follow him on Twitter @uersfeld.