Liverpool reject second Barcelona bid for Philippe Coutinho - source
Liverpool have rejected a second bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho, a source has told ESPN FC.
Barcelona have seen their latest offer of €100 million -- an initial €85m and then €15m in add-ons -- dismissed by Liverpool.
ESPN Deportes reported on Tuesday, citing a sources close to Barcelona, that the clubs had agreed on a deal. A source in Liverpool disputed that to ESPN FC on Wednesday, saying that Coutinho will not be sold and that the club considers the matter closed.
The follow-up bid comes after the Merseyside club rejected a £72 million offer from Barcelona last month.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp recently said Barcelona can "save their energy" in their pursuit of Coutinho. However, the former Inter Milan man would be interested in a move to the Nou Camp, according to sources.
Coutinho signed a five-year contract at Anfield back in January, with Liverpool ensuring that no release clause was inserted.
Barcelona are awash with funds after selling Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain for a world-record transfer fee of €222 million.
Glenn is ESPN FC's Liverpool correspondent. You can follow him on Twitter: @GlennPrice94.