Everton

Transfer Rater: Richarlison to Man United

Football Whispers

Transfer Rater: Eriksen to Barcelona

Football Whispers
 By Ian Holyman

Arsenal target Henry Onyekuru 'ready' for Premier League transfer

Phil Murphy breaks down why Nigerian 19-year-old starlet Henry Onyekuru is a name high on many clubs' transfer wish lists.

Reported Arsenal target Henry Onyekuru says he is "ready" to face the challenge of the Premier League.

The 19-year-old Eupen forward finished as the Belgian league's joint-top scorer after managing 22 goals in his first top-flight campaign, leading to links with Arsenal as well as Everton and Southampton.

Third in Belgium's Player of the Year vote, Onyekuru told Belgian media he could remain in the country, but insisted a move to England holds no fears.

"Everything is possible. Anderlecht, Club Brugge, England ... I still haven't decided," he said. "I have had fun in Belgium, but I have always dreamed of the Premier League."

Henry Onyekuru
Henry Onyekuru's future will be resolved soon.

Asked whether he believed he was ready, he replied: "'Believe' is not the right word. I know I'm ready. I'm sure of that."

Onyekuru joined Eupen from the Qatari Aspire Academy, which has a partnership with the Belgian club.

His rapid progress has earned him international recognition with Nigeria's senior team, and he said he will make a decision on his future following the Super Eagles' upcoming friendly with Togo in France on June 1 and their 2019 African Nations Cup qualifier at home to South Africa nine days later.

"I don't want to decide too quickly," Onyekuru said. "Because it's a decision for life, which is very important for my family and myself."

Ian is ESPN's French football correspondent. Twitter: @ian_holyman