Martin Montoya seals Valencia move after release by Barcelona
Valencia have confirmed the signing of defender Martin Montoya on a four-year contract after Barcelona agreed to cancel his contract.
Montoya, 25, who made his Barcelona debut in 2011 and won three La Liga titles during his time at the Camp Nou, agreed terms until 2020 after a successful medical.
The right-back, who has represented Spain at under-21 level, spent spells on loan at Inter Milan and Real Betis during a Barcelona career in which he made 66 appearances and scored two goals.
He will be officially presented as a Valencia player on Tuesday, and a statement on the club's official website said: "Valencia CF and Martín Montoya have reached an agreement for the player to join the club on a four-year deal.
"Montoya came up through Barcelona's La Masia academy and debuted for the first team against Mallorca at the Iberostar Stadium."
A statement on the official Barcelona website said: "FC Barcelona and the player Martín Montoya have agreed to cancel the contract between both parties.
"FC Barcelona wish the player great success in the next stage of his professional career."
Last week, Barcelona sporting director Robert Fernandez had said both Montoya and Cristian Tello could join Valencia, but that there would be no connection to the deal that brought Andre Gomes to the Camp Nou.
Speaking at a news conference after Gomes had been presented as a Barcelona player, Fernandez added: "Andre Gomes move has nothing to do with any possible move of a Barca player to Valencia.
"We are talking about two Barca players, who have offers from many teams."
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.