Previous
Leicester City
Manchester City
11:45 AM UTC
Game Details
Middlesbrough
Burton Albion
11:45 AM UTC
Game Details
Next

No recent activity

 By Mark Rodden

Corentin Tolisso confirms intention to stay at Lyon amid Napoli bid

Lyon midfielder Corentin Tolisso has decided to stay at the French club despite a €37.5 million offer from Napoli.

Tolisso, 21, had been expected to make a big-money move to the Serie A side. However, the France under-21 international said he planned to stay at Lyon for the upcoming season.

"I'm very attached to the club and I didn't feel like leaving now," he said in a statement published on the Lyon website. "I still have big things to do with OL and a nice season on the horizon."

Corentin Tolisso (right) scored six goals in the second half of last season.

Lyon said they had received an offer of €37.5m for the player, which included a proposed €7.5m in bonus payments.

"OL welcomes the decision of Corentin who has demonstrated once again his commitment to the club and his confidence in the staff and his teammates to carry out a great season," the Lyon statement said.

Earlier on Wednesday Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas confirmed that his club had rebuffed Napoli's initial advances for the player.

The club's strong stance on keeping their best players has also seen them reject a €35m bid from Arsenal for star forward Alexandre Lacazette.

Mark covers European football for ESPN FC. Twitter: @mrodden

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.