Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly expecting to hear from Chelsea
Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly has not spoken to new Chelsea boss Antonio Conte yet but he believes that talks could take place soon.
The Senegalese international, 24, says he is likely to leave Napoli this summer and expects rumoured interest from Chelsea to become more concrete.
"No, I haven't spoken to him yet but it could happen soon," Koulibaly told L'Equipe when asked about Conte.
"And if nothing happens with Napoli, I'm going to start making contact with other clubs.
"I have three years left on my contract with Napoli. I was very happy to sign for five years at the time but I've done some very good things this season and there are offers on the table.
"I'm going to make the most favourable choice, not only financially but also on a sporting level -- clubs of a high standing want me and I've had no sign from Napoli."
The former Genk centre-back said that negotiations over an improved contract with Napoli were "dead" and that the Premier League appeals to him.
"It's highly thought of wherever you go," he said, adding "This style of game could be adapted to me but I like Italy.
"I'm not in a rush but I hope to have a sign from Napoli where we will move towards other solutions. Napoli also want to earn some money [from a transfer]."
Conte is widely expected to prioritise defensive reinforcements this summer, despite last month's decision to offer captain John Terry a one-year extension to stay at Stamford Bridge, and has a number of possible targets for the summer transfer-window.
Sources told ESPN FC in April that Chelsea also retain a strong interest in Everton centre-back John Stones, but the Blues will face stiff competition to sign the 22-year-old if there is any indication he could be sold this summer.
Another reported target, Roma defender Antonio Rudiger, ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in Germany training on Tuesday, just days before the start of Euro 2016. Bayer Leverkusen's Jonathan Tah has been called up in his place.
Mark covers European football for ESPN FC. Twitter: @mrodden
ESPN FC's Chelsea correspondent Liam Twomey contributed to this report