Mario Gotze meets Carlo Ancelotti to discuss Bayern Munich future
Mario Gotze has confirmed he has held talks on the phone with incoming Bayern Munich coach Carlo Ancelotti, but rejected reports he has been told he should look to find another club.
Gotze, 23, ended the season on a high on Saturday as he scored his first competitive goals since October in the 3-1 win against Hannover.
However, that brace at the Allianz Arena might be his last goals for the club having endured a difficult time since joining from Borussia Dortmund three years ago.
The forward has one year left on his contract and he could move on this summer.
"I am fairly relaxed," Gotze told Bild on Saturday. "We've won the German championship. I have won my fifth German championship. The joy outweighs everything."
Last week, Suddeutsche Zeitung reported that Ancelotti had told Gotze that his position at the club was unlikely to change and that a move might be the best solution.
"I don't know how the editors came up with this," Gotze said. "I wasn't aware someone listened. There are only a handful of people who know what has been discussed. That's enough, and that's all I will reveal."
The forward has been linked with a return to Dortmund, but also with a switch to Liverpool -- under his former Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp -- and Chelsea, and in the past has said that he could delay a decision about his future until after Euro 2016.
But Gotze refused to go into more details as he told Bild: "I am under contract until 2017. We have an important match next weekend. Those are two facts."
Next weekend, Bayern play their last match of the season in the DFB Pokal final against Dortmund at the Olympiastadion in Berlin.
"I can promise that I will give it my all next weekend," Gotze said. "I know that I still have a valid contract. We'll see about the rest."
Stephan Uersfeld is the Germany correspondent for ESPN FC. Follow him on Twitter @uersfeld.