Ilkay Gundogan representatives deny Manchester City agreement claim
Ilkay Gundogan's representatives have denied claims a deal is already in place for the Borussia Dortmund midfielder to join Manchester City this summer.
The Sunday Mirror has reported that Pep Guardiola, who takes over as the new City manager at the end of the season, wants the club to sign his targets by June 10 and claimed there is already an agreement in principle to sign Gundogan for £25 million.
Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf published pictures of City's director of football Txiki Begiristain meeting the 25-year-old's uncle and agent Ilhan Gundogan in Amsterdam earlier this month, and Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel said afterwards: "I am not convinced that he will stay."
However, the player's representatives say Gundogan, who has missed Dortmund's last four games with a foot injury, has not agreed a deal with the Premier League club.
His management group told German newspaper Bild: "It is not true [that it is a done deal]. There is no decision and everything is still open. Ilkay is focusing further on his recovery."
Gundogan is under contract at Dortmund in 2017 and the Bundesliga club have been trying to negotiate a contract extension.
The Germany international had been expected to leave last summer but he eventually agreed to prolong his deal by 12 months.
Jonathan is ESPN FC's Manchester City correspondent. Follow him on Twitter: @jonnysmiffy.