Steven Fletcher signs for Marseille on loan from Sunderland
Marseille have signed Sunderland striker Steven Fletcher on loan until the end of the season.
Fletcher, 28, now appears to have played his last game for Sunderland as his contract at the Stadium of Light is due to expire in the summer.
The Scotland international began his career with Hibernian before moving to Burnley in 2009 and then spending two years with Wolves before joining Sunderland in a £12 million deal in 2012.
He told the club's official website in his first interview that he cannot wait to play at the Stade Velodrome and help the club climb up the table.
"It's a fantastic opportunity for me to come here," he said. "When I heard that obviously they wanted me to come, I was absolutely delighted and, yeah, I'm just happy to be here.
"My team that I play for back in England, we have a lot of French players like Younes Kaboul and Yann M'Vila and they told me a lot about it. Obviously I watched a few games so yeah I'm looking forward to coming to play.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"I like to think I'm good in the air. I'm good with my head and obviously I'm good with my feet. I can get a few goals as well. I like to score some goals so if I can do that for Marseille I'll be happy.
"I know they're a massive club. The fans as well are great - I've seen the atmosphere in the stadium. So I'm looking forward to playing in that.
"Obviously we're mid-table just now and I'd like to come and hopefully push us up the table."
Fletcher, who scored 23 goals in 108 appearances for Sunderland, could make his OM debut in Tuesday's Ligue 1 game at Montpellier.