AC Milan release Nigel De Jong, LA Galaxy linked with move
AC Milan have terminated the contract of Nigel de Jong by mutual consent, with the Netherlands international being linked with a move to LA Galaxy.
The Serie A side confirmed on their official website that the 31-year-old had been released after three-and-a-half-years at the San Siro.
The former Manchester City midfielder has made just six appearances for the Rossoneri this season despite being a regular last term under Filippo Inzaghi.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"AC Milan announces that Nigel De Jong's contract with the club has been mutually terminated today,'' read a statement on the club's official website. "AC Milan would like to thank the Dutchman for his determination, commitment and professionalism shown during his time with the Rossoneri.
"We wish him all the success possible and all the very best for the next stage of his career.''
Reports have linked De Jong with a move to Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy where he could link up with former Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole and ex-Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard.