Patrick Bamford joins Norwich City on loan from Chelsea
Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford has joined Norwich City on loan until the end of the season.
Bamford, 22, returned to Chelsea this month after a disappointing spell at Crystal Palace was cut short but he has now been sent out to Norwich for further Premier League experience.
The former Nottingham Forest player had impressed during loans with MK Dons, Derby County and Middlesbrough after joining Chelsea in 2012, though, and Canaries boss Alex Neil is hopeful that he will get back on track at Carrow Road.
"Patrick is a player who excelled last season and we are pleased to have the opportunity to bring him in," Neil told the club's official website. "He's a young forward determined to make his way in the game, and adds competition for us at the top end of the pitch."
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Bamford added: "I'm really happy to be here, and the sooner I'm able to get involved the better.
"That's what I want to do personally, but it's also about helping Norwich to get the points required to stay in the league."