Leicester City set their sights on Rico Henry as transfer deadline looms
Leicester City have joined the chase for highly rated Walsall defender Rico Henry, sources have told ESPN FC.
Henry has been earning rave reviews for Walsall this season and has been likened to former England defender Ashley Cole in his style of play.
The 18-year-old, who has come through the youth ranks at Walsall, has made 26 appearances for the Saddlers so far this season, and his standout performances have brought him to the attention of clubs higher up the football pyramid.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
The likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, and Championship trio Derby, Brighton and Wolves have all been credited with an interest in Henry after watching him in action on several occasions.
However, Leicester are ready to steal a march on their rivals for Henry as they consider a move for the left-back before the transfer window closes on Monday.
Leicester could be in the market for a new left-back as Ben Chilwell is a target for Arsenal and Liverpool this month.
Walsall tied Henry down to a new deal earlier this season, but they are bracing themselves for interest in the youngster.