Eder joins Inter Milan from Sampdoria on contract until 2020
Inter Milan have confirmed the signing of Italy striker Eder from Sampdoria.
Brazil-born Eder, who was also linked with Leicester City, has signed a contract with Inter until 2020 after completing his medical on Friday.
The 29-year-old, who first moved to Italy with Empoli in 2005, had stints with Frosinone, Brescia and Cesena before moving to Sampdoria in 2012.
He scored 49 goals for the Blucerchiati, including 12 in Serie A this season, making him the league's second most prolific scorer together with Juventus' Paulo Dybala and behind Napoli's Gonzalo Higuain.
"I'm delighted to be here," he told his new club's official website. "I've worked hard for years to play for a big club like Inter."
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Inter CEO Michael Bolingbroke added: "We're delighted to welcome Eder to the team. He's a top quality player with international experience.
"He'll give a new dimension to our play and represents another option for Roberto Mancini."
Mancini had made no secret of his desire to draft in the Italy international this winter, although his hands were tied until a fee was agreed with Shanghai Shenhua for the sale of Fredy Guarin to the Chinese club earlier this week (http://www.espnfc.com/internazionale/story/2795192/fredy-guarin-of-inter-milan-completes-shanghai-shenhua-move).
Most of the €13 million earned from the sale of the Colombian is expected to have been invested in signing Eder.
Inter also allowed defender Andrea Ranocchia to join Samp on loan earlier this week.