Watford's bid for Jerome Sinclair turned down by Liverpool - sources
Watford have had an offer for Liverpool striker Jerome Sinclair rejected, sources have told ESPN FC.
Sinclair, 19, is out of contract at the end of the season and has informed the Reds he will not be signing a new deal and would like to leave Anfield in search of regular first-team football.
He scored on his full debut in the 2-2 FA Cup draw at Exeter earlier this month, but with the player indicating his intentions to depart, Liverpool are ready to sell him now rather than let him see out his contract and lose him for free in the summer
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
A number of clubs at home and abroad have been linked with Sinclair, but Watford are in pole position to land the striker.
Sources have told ESPN FC that Watford's initial offer for Sinclair was turned down as it did not meet Liverpool's £3 million valuation of the player, but the Hornets are expected to come back with an improved bid before Monday's transfer deadline.
Sinclair is the youngest player to have ever made a first-team appearance for Liverpool, making his debut in a League Cup clash against West Bromwich Albion in 2012 aged 16 years and six days.