Moussa Dembele set for Monaco rather than Premier League - sources
A number of Premier League clubs look set to miss out on Fulham forward Moussa Dembele, sources have told ESPN FC, with Monaco closing in on a deal for the player.
Dembele's future has been the subject of speculation for some time, with the 19-year-old out of contract at the end of the season after turning down the offer of a new deal at Craven Cottage.
Dembele has scored 11 goals in all competitions for Fulham this season and his performances have not gone unnoticed across Europe.
Tottenham had expressed an interest in the Frenchman as they look for a striker to bolster their attacking options and lift the goal-scoring burden off Harry Kane's shoulders.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Italian champions Juventus and German side Wolfsburg have also made enquiries about Dembele, but sources have told ESPN FC that Ligue 1 outfit Monaco are in pole position to sign him.
Fulham are reluctant to lose Dembele this month as they do not want to leave themselves short in attack as they battle to avoid a Championship relegation fight, with the side just four points above the drop zone.
It remains to be seen if Monaco will push through a move for Dembele this month or wait and sign the former Paris Saint-Germain youngster on a free transfer in the summer.