Atletico's Antoine Griezmann would fit in at Barcelona - Claudio Bravo
Barcelona goalkeeper Claudio Bravo says his former Real Sociedad teammate and current Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann would fit in perfectly at the Camp Nou club.
The pair spent five years together in the La Real first team, achieving Champions League qualification at the end of the 2012-13 campaign, before both leaving the San Sebastian club the following summer.
Bravo, 32, has since established himself as one of the world's top goalkeepers, winning the 2014-15 La Liga crown with Barca and the 2015 Copa America with Chile.
Meanwhile, Griezmann's 25 goals in all competitions last season for Atletico, and 19 strikes already this term, have led to speculation of interest in the 24-year-old from many top clubs including Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Paris-Saint-Germain.
Bravo told Movistar Plus show Espacio Reservado that he has been impressed by the progress made by the France international, who he feels would do well if he were to move to Barca.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"I was really surprised by him," Bravo said. "I used to bring him to my house, give him advice, clip him around the ears when he went off track.
"He has done very well, has matured very quickly. He understands how to work and look after himself. He was a nervous type. Now he is a world-class player. He is more than good enough to play for Barca."
Griezmann's Atletico visit the Camp Nou for Saturday's top-of-the-table clash, and Bravo was full of praise for the attitude and organisation shown by Diego Simeone's side. La Liga leaders Barca are currently level on points with Atletico, but have played a game less.
"We know this very well," he said. "Atletico are a serious side. With a great coach, great players, it is logical they are up top. They are very clear about what they do, they have very good players in every position. They know what they are playing for."