Werder Bremen sign Hungary midfielder Laszlo Kleinheisler
BREMEN, Germany -- Werder Bremen have announced the signing of Hungary midfielder Laszlo Kleinheisler from Videoton FC.
The Bundesliga club revealed on Wednesday that Kleinheisler has put pen to paper on a contract until mid-2019.
Kleinheisler took part in Werder's training camp in Turkey last week, when he played in a friendly match.
Werder offered U.S. forward Jordan Morris a contract, but the 21-year-old rejected the deal in favour of playing in his homeland.
Werder face a battle to avoid relegation when the Bundesliga season resumes this weekend.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
The club are 16th in the table, one point ahead of Hannover 96, who occupy the final relegation spot and only two in front of bottom-placed Hoffenheim only two points adrift of Bremen.