Sampdoria tipped to sign Andrea Ranocchia as AC Milan play down talk
AC Milan general manager Adriano Galliani has played down talk of a move for Inter Milan defender Andrea Ranocchia, who is now expected to sign for Sampdoria.
Ranocchia, who has also reportedly attracted the attention of Norwich and Liverpool, has already agreed terms with the Blucerchiati, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport, and is set to join them this week.
He is surplus to requirements at Inter, whose coach Roberto Mancini prefers Jeison Murillo and Miranda over the Italy international at the heart of his defence.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"It's more no than yes," Galliani told Mediaset when asked about his club's interest in Ranocchia prior to Sunday night's 2-0 win over Fiorentina.
"We did think about signing another central defender when [Rodrigo] Ely got injured, but we don't really need another defender -- we've got four already, but we'll see what happens in the final days [of the transfer window]."
Ranocchia has started just one game for the Nerazzurri this season, while he has not featured in any of their last seven fixtures.