Robinho targeted by Sion after Guangzhou Evergrande exit
Former Real Madrid and AC Milan forward Robinho is a target for Sion, the Swiss club's president has confirmed.
Robinho, who also played for Manchester City, is a free agent after leaving Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande and Sion president Christian Constantin has reportedly flown to Sao Paulo to conduct negotiations with the 31-year-old.
"Like with any transfer of this size, everything is very, very complicated," Constantin said in Blick.
Sion general director Marco Degennaro said last month that fellow Brazilian forward Ronaldinho, 35, was a target, but Blick reports that the interest in Robinho is more serious.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Santos are reportedly keen to bring back Robinho for a fourth spell and Turkish side Fenerbahce have also been linked, but Constantin appears hopeful after making enquiries about the player.
"I have gathered information through Gelson Fernandes, who played with him at City, and through Gennaro Gattuso, his former AC Milan teammate," he said.
Fernandes, a Sion youth graduate, made his professional debut with the club and returned for a loan spell in 2013, while Gattuso joined Sion as a player in 2012 and briefly acted as player-manager the following year.
ESPN FC's Germany correspondent, Stephan Uersfeld, contributed to this report.