Robert Lewandowski agent: Bayern Munich don't need Gonzalo Higuain
Robert Lewandowski's agent has said Bayern Munich do not need to target Gonzalo Higuain because in the Poland international they already have "a beautiful bride."
The Independent on Sunday reported at the weekend that the 27-year-old is considering his options and Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea were among the potential suitors.
Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge then made a public declaration of interest in Napoli forward Higuain, which German tabloid Bild suggested was an attempt to put pressure on Lewandowski, whose contract runs until 2019.
However, one of the striker's agents, Maik Barthel, said Bayern need not worry that the attacker will seek an early exit from the Allianz Arena.
"When you have a beautiful bride, you should not be after other brides," Barthel told Bild, which reported that the agent was in no way annoyed with the club.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Rummenigge had said last month: "We are in no way nervous ... I can imagine that Madrid are interested in Robert, but that leads nowhere."
FIFA has since hit Real Madrid with a ban on registering new players that is due to come into force in the summer transfer window and then prohibit the club making new signings until the end of the 2016-17 season.
Lewandowski has scored 15 goals in 16 Bundesliga games so far this season as well as seven in Champions League and one in the DFB Pokal.