Mohamed Elneny set to complete Arsenal transfer - sources
Arsenal are set to confirm the signing of midfielder Mohamed Elneny in the next 24 hours after the Egyptian arrived in London to finalise the move, sources have told ESPN FC.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has targeted Elneny to bolster his central midfield options after losing Francis Coquelin and Santi Cazorla to injury.
Elneny, who is expected to cost around £7 million, has already passed a medical but the transfer has been held up as Arsenal wait on international clearance and a work permit.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Sources have told ESPN FC that those final details have now been completed and that Elneny is expected to be confirmed as an Arsenal player on Thursday.
Agents Base Soccer, who have brokered the deal for Elneny, have confirmed to ESPN FC that the 23-year-old has arrived in England to sign a long-term deal at the Gunners.
Elneny will become Arsenal's first signing of the January transfer window and he should be available to be named in the squad for this weekend's clash at Stoke City.