Bournemouth complete Benik Afobe deal with Wolves
Bournemouth have announced the signing of striker Benik Afobe from Wolves on a four-and-a-half-year deal.
The 22-year-old former Arsenal man signs for an undisclosed fee, reported to be £10 million, having scored 10 goals for Wolves already this season.
"We are absolutely delighted to secure the signature of another undoubted talent in Benik Afobe," Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake told the club's website.
"It has been difficult to miss Benik's outstanding progress as a player, firstly with MK Dons and then Wolves, where he has been a consistent threat in front of goal. His pedigree as an Arsenal academy product must also not be underestimated.
"Thank you to Jez Moxey and Wolverhampton Wanderers who have been a pleasure to deal with throughout negotiations. We look forward to seeing Benik in an AFC Bournemouth shirt soon."
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Boss Eddie Howe had confirmed after Bournemouth's 2-1 FA Cup win at Birmingham on Saturday that the Cherries had finalised an agreement for Afobe.
Afobe, who has represented England at youth level, joined Wolves for £2 million from Arsenal only last January and has scored 23 goals in 48 games for the club. He has scored his 10 goals in 27 outings this season for the Championship side.
Afobe is a proven scorer outside of the Premier League -- netting 32 times for MK Dons last season -- and now has his top-flight chance.
Press Association contributed to this report.