Bayern Munich's Mario Gotze rules out January move to Liverpool
Mario Gotze has ruled out leaving Bayern Munich for Liverpool this winter and said he has not heard anything from Jurgen Klopp.
German newspaper Bild reported this week that Klopp is eager to reunite with Gotze, who played a starring role in his Borussia Dortmund team but has struggled to live up to expectations following his 2013 move to Bayern.
The 23-year-old Germany midfielder told Sport Bild on Friday that he is keeping an open mind on his future ahead of the summer, when Carlo Ancelotti arrives to replace Pep Guardiola as coach.
However, he stressed at a news conference on Saturday that he was happy at the Allianz Arena and there appears to be no prospect of a January switch to Anfield.
"I can rule out a move to Liverpool this winter," Gotze said. "I don't know where the rumours about Klopp and me are coming from.
"I have not heard anything. You should ask Klopp if he wants me at Liverpool. If he wants me, he should approach me."
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Gotze, who has a hamstring injury, has not played since October and he added: "I have six nice months ahead of me. It is always annoying when you cannot play and cannot help the team.
"It is only normal that you think about things like that, but you have to look at the positives and build on those."
Bayern sporting executive Matthias Sammer had given the Liverpool speculation short shift in Sport Bild on Friday.
"There is new nonsense every day," Sammer had said. "I don't want to say more about it."
Meanwhile, Bayern have confirmed that midfielder Gianluca Gaudino has joined St Gallen on loan.
The 19-year-old, who has made eight Bundesliga appearances for Bayern, will spend the next 18 months with the Swiss side.
He has been with the German club since 2004 and is under contract until 2018.