Manchester United looking to bring Adnan Januzaj back - sources
Manchester United have asked Borussia Dortmund to cancel their season-long loan deal for Adnan Januzaj, sources have told ESPN FC.
Januzaj, 20, who has three years left on his current United deal, has struggled to make an impact at Dortmund since joining the German club in the summer transfer window.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
The Belgium international has made just five appearances for Dortmund, and has yet to establish himself in Thomas Tuchel's first team, while he seemingly does not figure in the plans for the second half of the season.
United have been disappointed with Januzaj's lack of involvement at the Westfalenstadion and are now looking to terminate his loan deal early to enable him to return to Old Trafford.
Local Dortmund paper Ruhr Nachrichten report that the club are expected to agree to cancelling the loan deal on Thursday.
It remains to be seen if United will consider loaning him out to another club, or whether he will included in the first-team fold if he should return to Old Trafford.