Leicester target Pedro Pereira attracts interest from Juventus - sources
Juventus are ready to rival Leicester City for Sampdoria defender Pedro Pereira, sources have told ESPN FC.
Leicester have identified Pereria as one of their top targets in this month's transfer window and have opened talks with Sampdoria over a possible deal.
The 17-year-old, who joined Sampdoria last summer from Benfica, has made eight appearances in Serie A so far this season and his progress has not gone unnoticed among Europe's top clubs.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Sources said Leicester, who are currently second in the Premier League, are in the market for a new right-back and they see Pereira as someone with a bright future ahead of him.
However, Juventus are ready to make a move for the attacking full-back and are expected to hold talks over a possible deal when they face Sampdoria in Serie A at the weekend.
ESPN FC has been told that Samp are reluctant to lose Pereira but accept they are unlikely to able to fend off the interest in the youngster.