Arsenal winger Serge Gnabry a loan target for Brighton - sources
Championship club Brighton have asked Arsenal about the possibility of signing winger Serge Gnabry on loan for the second half of the season, sources have told ESPN FC.
Gnabry, 20, joined West Bromwich Albion on a season-long loan deal in the summer, but the Germany international has hardly figured in Tony Pulis' first-team at The Hawthorns.
He has made only a brief cameo appearance in the Premier League and two appearances in the Capital One Cup.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Gnabry is highly regarded at Arsenal and was rewarded with a new long-term contract in 2013 after breaking into the first-team picture.
A number of clubs have shown an interest in his services if Gunners boss Arsene Wenger feels the best way to continue his development is to send him out on another loan move.
Championship promotion hopefuls Brighton are thought to be at the front of the queue to sign Gnabry, with manager Chris Hughton keen to add to his attacking options in a bid to boost their challenge.