Miralem Pjanic dismisses talk of move to Real Madrid from Roma
Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic has dismissed speculation that he could join Real Madrid, insisting he is going nowhere this winter.
Bosnia and Herzegovina international Pjanic has been touted as a potential winter signing for Rafa Benitez.
But he said there was no truth to a report in Marca earlier this week which said he was heading to the Spanish capital.
"I'm focused only on Roma," La Repubblica reported him as saying.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"We're still in with a shot at the Scudetto and we're still in the hunt in the Champions League too, so I can exclude a transfer this winter."
His agent Michael Becker told La Gazzetta dello Sport there had been no discussions with any club about a move, adding: "Neither Miralem nor his father nor Roma have spoken with Real, Barcelona or any other European club.
"These rumours are surprising, and I don't understand who could have spoken on Miralem's behalf without having any right to."