Chelsea to recall Christian Atsu from Bournemouth loan - sources
Chelsea are set to recall Christian Atsu from his loan spell at Bournemouth, sources have told ESPN FC.
Atsu is poised to become the second Chelsea player to return to the club after a disappointing loan stint away from Stamford Bridge, with Patrick Bamford also due to cut short his spell with Crystal Palace.
Ghana international Atsu joined Bournemouth on a season-long loan in the summer and the winger was expected to play a big role in Bournemouth's first ever campaign in the top flight, but he has not featured in the Premier League this season.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
The 23-year-old made just two starts, both in the Capital One Cup, before suffering an injury in October and Chelsea are now ready to exercise a clause in the loan deal to recall Atsu because of concerns over his lack of match action.
Chelsea may then look to send Atsu out on loan again in January and sources have told ESPN FC that several Premier League and Bundesliga sides are monitoring the situation and would be ready to make a move should he become available.