Brazil legend Ronaldinho a transfer target for FC Sion - Degennaro
Swiss Super League club FC Sion are interested in signing Brazil legend Ronaldinho, the club's general director Marco Degennaro has said.
Ronaldinho, 35, is currently without a contract, after his deal with Fluminense was terminated in September.
"We're still in three competitions, so we'll definitely do something on the transfer market. But for now we try and keep all of our players, and after that we are looking at two or three signings," Degenarro was quoted by Tagesanzeiger as telling Ticinonline.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
He added: "Ronaldinho is definitely an interesting option, and we will try and sign him at the beginning of the next year."
Sion were the second team to qualify for the Europa League knockout stage from Liverpool's group, while the Swiss cup winners currently rank sixth in the domestic Super League, and have set their sights on former Ballon d'Or winner.
In October, Sion's president Christian Constantin told Blick that he was keeping tabs on the 2002 World Cup winner.
"I follow that very closely," Constantin said.
Ronaldinho would follow in the footsteps of his older brother Roberto Assis, who had two stints at Sion in the mid-90s, and featured in 107 games for the Swiss side, scoring a total of 29 goals.