Chelsea target Boca Juniors striker Jonathan Calleri - sources
Chelsea are weighing up a move for highly-rated Argentine striker Jonathan Calleri, sources have told ESPN FC.
Calleri, 22, is seen as one of the best young strikers in South America and has impressed at Boca Juniors since joining from Club Atletico All Boys in 2014.
He has scored 21 goals and provided 11 assists in all competitions this season.
Sources have already told ESPN FC that Chelsea are looking for striking reinforcements in January, and scouts reportedly watched Calleri in action in this week's friendly with Mexican side Puebla FC, which Boca lost 1-0.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Stoke City have had a long-term interest in the striker, who has also caught the eye of Arsenal and Inter Milan, but Chelsea are ready to make a move when the transfer window reopens.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is seeking a proven goal-scorer to boost his struggling side, who are currently 16th in the table.
Last season's top scorer Diego Costa has netted just two Premier League goals so far, while Radamel Falcao has scored one and Loic Remy has yet to score in the league.
Sources told ESPN FC that Falcao's loan spell from Monaco could be cut short in order to free up space in the squad.